Depending on the size of your online business, relocating a company office can be a big job. There are a lot of things to consider, which means that it’s crucial to find a skilled removals company that you can work alongside.
Professional removalists will be able to guide you through the entire relocation process, but there are still plenty of things that you will need to pay special attention to. In the rest of this article we’ve outlined some of the most important.
- Carefully Consider Your Budget
For starters, we always recommend spending a little time working out exactly how much your office relocation is going to cost. It’s best to do this right at the start so that you know if it’s really worth going through with the move. Think about things like:
- The cost of using a professional removals company. This is a non-negotiable, but you still need to keep it in mind.
- Any items that need special transporting, such as chemicals or research samples.
- The cost of any new equipment that you will have to purchase when setting up your new office.
In addition, you also need to take into account the indirect cost of lost income due to work disruptions during the moving process.
- Make Sure You Communicate Properly
High-quality communication is one of the keys to a successful office relocation. Make sure that your entire team understands what’s happening and what role they are expected to play.
At the same time, you also need to consider the impact your move will have on your clients. Ensure that they are aware that you’re going to be working from a new location. Depending on the nature of your business, you could send out an email campaign, distribute flyers with customer receipts or post on social media.
- Ensure the Essentials Are Moved Fast and Efficiently
Every business has a set of essential items which are crucial for successful day-to-day operations. It’s crucial to make sure that these are transferred from your existing office to your new one fast and efficiently.
In many cases, your company IT system will fall into this category. Now, moving computers and other office electronics isn’t always easy, and you need to consider:
- Who will be in charge of dismantling and packing office electronics at your old office.
- How things will be transported to prevent damage and ensure they end up in the right place.
- What the best way to set things up again is to ensure business disruptions are kept to a minimum.
As you can imagine, transporting things like IT systems is very difficult, so it’s important to use a professional removalist who knows what they’re doing. Do some research though local removalist websites to opt for one that suits your requirements.
There are numerous things to think about when you’re moving to a new office. However, the key is to make sure that you start organising things early. Find a reliable removals company to help you plan your move, and don’t be scared to ask for help or advice when you need it.